Monday, April 7, 2008

Wales for a Birthday Party






1. What the heck is that doing in Wales?
2. The group about to hike
3. Eva and I in Snowdonia
4. Eva enjoying a hot drink after a frigid hike
5. Me and the Birthday boy, Tim
It's nice to live in Europe for many reasons. One of my favorites is the fact that I can be in many other countries within half a day by driving. If you throw ferries and budget airlines into the mix I can make it to practically any European country for a long weekend without spending a fortune. That's why Eva and I recently went to Wales and England for four nights, because we could.


My friend Tim (from my days in the UK sales office of Trek America) decided to turn his 40th Birthday into a 40th Birthlongweekend. There were somewhere around 60 people at the party. We decended upon a small Inn in Northern Wales and had a great time. Eva and I came from the farthest and got a prize (beer) for it. We took the ferry from Belgium and then drove halfway across the UK. During the weekend, we camped in the snow and rain, hiked in Snowdonia National Park, enjoyed an amazing pig roast and partied with old friends. It was a great weekend and Eva and I were both glad we went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try to see our country Philippines too. Do visit my page www.mtbeauty.blogspot.com and thanks!