Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Netherlands.......Again






The pictures are:
1. Mano with Mickey, Minne and the rings
2. The newly weds
3. Jim Krier, Chris Parker, Me and Joe Park
4. Bratwurst in Germany
5. Eva eating ice cream in Leuven.
It was the weekend, so Eva and I took off again. This time we had a much more specific destination in mind though, Baarlo, The Netherlands. My friend Chris Parker, who I know for over 20 years was getting married there. Chris has been living in The Netherlands for 6 or 7 years and this weekend got married to Melanie who is of course Dutch.


There were friends that came from England, The Netherlands, America, Belgium (Eva and I) and Australia for the wedding. It was great to see some friends I haven't seen in too long. Jim Krier and Joe Park, also friends from High school. There were others there that I have known for a long time, Jim's wife Susie, Jim's parents and brother (Mark, Mary and John), and Chris's father and brother (George and Mike).
There are two things Chris and/or Melanie are very interested in (or some might say obsessed) and those are Mano (their dog) and Mickey (the mouse). For a long time Chris has loved all things Disneyland, he has even been to all five of them. Did you know there were five? There were more Disney (well Mickey really) images at the party and ceremony than I can remember. Also Mano came in, with a Mickey and Mini Minnie pillow tied to his collar, rings attached. It was a nice day that blended the traditions of the two countries together very smoothly.
The next day we went back to the hotel to meet all my friends for breakfast. Most people had stayed there, but Eva and I stayed 10 km away for a third the price. It was nice to see them all again in the morning, but as quick as it all started it was over. Eva and I hit the road back to Belgium . As we were only 15 km away from Germany, we thought we would pop over. We spent about and hour in the country, during which we had enough time for some Bratwurst (of course) and driving 180 km and hour (why not) on the Autobahn. Also on the way back we stopped in a very nice University town, Leuven and walked around for a few hours. I think next weekend, Eva and I will not go to another country, we may stay in this one.

No comments: