Monday, June 18, 2007

On the Road Again





The Pictures are:



All in or near Calais except the last one which is Cap du nez blanc or White Nose Cape.








Well, I suppose I can't sit still for too long, maybe its a disease. Or maybe its as a ex-passenger just asked me " Do you feel like you just need to go for a five hour drive and visit lots of garage bathrooms?" So I left the country. Not for long, I just went for the day to North West France. I think in general the southeast gets a lot more publicity, mostly because of the weather, but the NW coast is beautiful. Eva and I drove from Oostende, Belgium as far south as Boulogne, France. It was only about 300km total for the road trip, but a lot of it was by the coastal road. Also, in California 3oo km is not far , but when you consider how small Belgium is, that distance felt significant. There are a lot of charming seaside villages along the way, as well as bigger (well known) cities like Calais and Dunquerque. One of the highlights for me was exploring all the long since abandoned German bunkers from WWII. The beaches are windy (lots of wind and kite surfers) but nice now. They were not so nice in June 6 1944. There are no shortage of campsites along the way, and even and I have agreed to go back. We want to make it as far down as Brittany and Mont St. Michel
It was nice to take a little trip away, drop the job search for the day. Well I dropped it for the weekend really, because on Sunday Eva and I went to a BBQ for her sisters B-day, at which there was meat, meat and more meat. I loved it.

No comments: