Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finished my first tour






1. Napoleon is dead in there
2. Princess Diana died under there
3. You know what that is
4. We went to a Cabaret, but not that one
5. Another dead person, this time Jim Morrison
--
So I'm back home in Belgium for two weeks after finishing my first tour over here in Europe. It was a two week tour that took me to Paris, Interlaken, Munich, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam. The visit to Berlin was actually my first ever. It is an amazing city and I look forward to going back throughout the summer. The first week I had 11 passengers and 22 on the second week. It is on a large coach, so potentially I could have up to 48 passengers, but we'll see.

I was very pleased with my newly aquired Dutch language skills as it helped me out in Germany. If I spoke very slowly in my basic Dutch, the Germans usually understood. As far as it helping me out in Holland, not so much. Everyone there speaks great English anyway.

I think for the summer I will have six more tours, all to the same places, excpet mabye the last one (might go to Italy). It works out perfectly because there are six places we visit, so after each of the tours I can add a little to the Blog. I did pick up country number 49 on the tour as we stopped for a very short time in Lichtenstein. I may not have been there long enough for what some people consider "being" in a country, but in relation to its size, I think it was enough time.

My mother and step father landed in the UK yesterday and on Saturday will "pop" over here to Oostende for a three night visit. It will be the first time that my parents and Eva's parents meet. Some people invovled are nervous, but I am not.

For now, I have put some photos of Paris when Eva and I went there three weeks ago.

No comments: