Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm not lost

The Man, Before he Burned
I have been really slack about putting updates on this Blog. The last time I wrote anything was about three months ago in early July. At that point I was in the middle of leading 5 (2 week) tours in a row that ended in the middle of August. Then I took a month off, three weeks of that was spent in the US. Eva and I were mostly in California and Nevada, visiting family and attending the Burning Man festival. Then it was back to Europe with only one night passing through Belgium before heading to Paris to do one final tour for the season. This one was a bit longer, a four weeker asopposed to a two weeker that I had been doing. On that tour I went to Paris, Interlaken, Annecy, Nice, Florence, Rome, Venice, Munich (for Oktober fest) Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam and back to Paris. It was quite a trip. I did cheat a little bit in that time, when I picked up country number 50 visited. Maybe 50 should have been more of a celebration, but instead I caught the train an hour out of Berlin and walked across the border to Slubice, Poland. I spent a few hours there, had two meals, walked around a lot and bought some very cheap cigarettes for a friend. Not really glamourous, but I had been so close all summer and kept meaning to head over, so finally did. It is nice to be done with the season though and have some time to myself. So what am I doing in my off time (people always ask), well I'm going traveling of course. In about three weeks Eva and I leave for 6 weeks in South America. I'm a bit behind of coure, so in the next few weeks before we leave I will get some pictures up of the last few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

50 Countries? Pshhhh. That's a good week for me.

I miss you Brian, hope all is well in the Traveling Travelers Travels.

I'm heading to Africa for the Plymouth-Dakar charity rally in a little over 8 weeks.

Enjoy South America. I hear it's warm.

Anonymous said...

Can you please give by best regards to Eva?! It has been a while since I have seen her! Katrien (from the far end of 'Limburg')